Music Industry Breakfast 12/12
A great talk about trends in the music industry.
(View last blog post: www.sf-inter.com/2013/12/music-industry-breakfast-1205)
OBJECTIVE: We meet
every Thursday morning for breakfast and to talk about what is happening in the Bay Area music scene. In addition, we focus on the actions we can take to help the Bay become a place where musicians & industry professionals can make money doing what they love. (Music)
Who was there: (7 Industry people)
Stefan Aronsen - Art Director – DeliRadio – SF Intercom – Mutiny Radio DJ
Andy Freeman - Recordist/Mixer/Producer - Coast Recorders - Columnist at Paste Magazine
Jared Swanson - Songwriter/Composer/Producer – Band: Abbot Kinney
Adam Lampert - Producer – Artist – Vocalist – BAND: Low Country Kingdom
Devin Nelson - Musician – Composer - BAND: The Y Axes
Nigel Brown - Audio Engineer – Coast Recorders
+ 1 music fans
- We want to help the bay area music scene become more viable.
- How does digital distribution effect musicians today?
(Is Topspin just for established bands?)
- Look Up: NoiseTrade (success story, Derek Webb)
- What is the most important thing an Audio Engineer can do for their clients?
(Listen, Don’t get caught up in gear/money, Help them discover the kind of sound they’re going for.)
- Look Up: Daptone Records (great at not being gear focused)
- How do you decide when the record is done?
(When the artist is happy? When you hit the deadline? When you run out of money?)
- Should we be an industry that is driven by Singles or Albums?
(Releasing singles is good for fan engagement. Also, producing singles is more affordable than creating a full album.)
- Is crowd funding a dying fad?
(Look Up: PledgeMusic - www.sf-inter.com/tag/pledgemusic <— my notes!)
- Look Up: IndieGoGo <— They are currently talking a lot about crowd funding.
- Look Up: SoundScan <— A way to keep track of the # of times your song has been played.
BAY AREA BANDS WE ♥
The Family Crest
Martin Luther Mccoy
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW
Powered by Facebook Comments