Who was there: (15 Industry people)
Stefan Aronsen - Art Director – DeliRadio – SF Intercom – Mutiny Radio DJ
Duygu Gün - Music Marketing • International Business
Tobias Grunick - BAND: Grow and Twine
Duncan Nielsen - Singer/Songwriter/Producer – BAND: DonCat
Jason Perry Stevens - Dreamer/songwriter - BAND: Before The Brave
C.J. Bergmen - Musician - BAND: Before The Brave
John Haesemeyer - Performing Artist – Pop Folk
Cade Drummer - Musician - BAND: Friends Without Benefits
Nigel Brown - Freelance Audio Engineer
Jared Swanson - Songwriter/Composer/Producer – Band: Abbot Kinney
Brian Bergeron - Musician/Composer - BAND: Meet Mr. Kind
Kendra McKinley - Musician/Composer
Jasmine Johnson - Writer – The Owl Mag
Devin Nelson - Musician – Composer - BAND: The Y Axes
Ted Maider - Photographer - Musician - BAND: Friends Without Benefits
What we established:
1. Our Group needs a name:
• M.I.B. (Music Industry Breakfast)
• Balanced Breakfast (Because it includes all the food groups … Music and Breakfast.)
• I Heart “SF” Bands (My own plug)
2. Why is Mastering important?
• Brings out the details in the sound
• Clarifies the sounds from each instruments you hear.
• Helps bind the song together. (Especially if it was mixed in multiple locations.)
• But does it matter if you stream it online? (i.e. Spotify)
– Consensus was YES!!!
2. What are some blogs you should be aware of?
• Ted is creating new content for Slims & GAMH - http://www.slimspresents.com/blog/
• Songs From My Room (SOFAR) - http://sofarsounds.com/
• The Owl Mag - http://www.theowlmag.com/
3. Things you should watch
• Sunset Strip - http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/70298579
• Which streaming services pay the most?
• Is there an infographic that shows this?
• Is Pandora paying their artist?
– What is different about Pandora’s deal with musicians?
(Why do they feel like they are more like radio than a streaming service?)
• We should host shows so that we can:
– Bind people together
– Help people work together
– Shared duties at shows
– Introduce House Shows
– Facilitate more all age shows.
(There is an organization that advocates all age shows … I can’t remember the name!)
“It was a great breakfast. THE MOST PEOPLE WE’VE EVER HAD!!!”